Friday, August 7, 2009

Open House

Night and day - that's how I would describe the difference between school in Hawaii and school here. I was amazed at how organized the open house was, how the fundraisers actually go toward the student's field trips (they announced all students will get to go to the fair for free at the end of the month), they have a real PTO... it was just great. Aidan led us all over the school showing us their music classroom, the science and computer labs; they had none of that in Hawaii. Every time I've been to the school I have seen the principal and she has been very friendly and outgoing (we decided she reminds us a lot of Charlie's sister Jenny).

Rachel's teacher had nothing but great things to say about her - she even called her a model student. I guess those two years of HeadStart prepared her well for Pre-K, lol.
Rachel in her classroom reading spot



Aidan's teacher said he's doing well too. She seems to be pretty strict and that's good because Aidan is more interested in recess than in doing real work.

Here he is with a skeleton in the Science lab



You can't really tell in this picture, but Charlie and Aidan were dressed alike with plaid shorts and dark shirts. I thought they were too cute and had to get a picture.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

aidan and rachel, hope you keep having fun at school! charlie, you're such a great daddy, i'm proud of you little bro :)