Saturday morning we decided to go do a little hiking and check out Saunders Springs - a nature preserve near Fort Knox. It is a beautiful, wooded area and we had a good time checking out the lake and walking the trails. Unfortunately it is also tick infested - we pulled over 20 ticks off Rachel when we got home (and that is not an exaggeration). I'm not sure why she had so many - Aidan had two, I had one, and somehow Charlie escaped with none. Regardless that will be our last hike until winter when all the ticks go away - my skin is crawling just thinking about it.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Saunders Springs
Saturday morning we decided to go do a little hiking and check out Saunders Springs - a nature preserve near Fort Knox. It is a beautiful, wooded area and we had a good time checking out the lake and walking the trails. Unfortunately it is also tick infested - we pulled over 20 ticks off Rachel when we got home (and that is not an exaggeration). I'm not sure why she had so many - Aidan had two, I had one, and somehow Charlie escaped with none. Regardless that will be our last hike until winter when all the ticks go away - my skin is crawling just thinking about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment