Thursday, April 10, 2008

Four Months Down

As of today, Charlie has been deployed for four months - and there wasn't much to celebrate. Unfortunately, there is no longer a chance that he'll be home sooner because the shorter army tours take affect for those deploying after August 1. I have been expecting that he would be gone for the full 15 months but hoping and praying that he would benefit from a shorter tour. That combined with all the new fighting has me and a lot of other wives on edge. Please always remember all of our guys there and keep them in your prayers. And pray we'll get a new president who can get us out of there soon.

I did get to talk to Charlie today and he's been working really long hours but is doing good. Here at home, we're still doing our best to keep busy and pass the time. One of my projects has been to find new furniture for our downstairs and this week we got an awesome leather couch and chair (thanks to Lori for her ever-attentive watch on craigslist!). Now that I'm done with the downstairs, I guess it's time to work on the game room.

The new couch and chair - incredibly comfortable!


The new look of our great room. Much more spacious.


1 comment:

Laura said...

It looks awesome.. Can't wait to see it in person!