We were planning on going to a little carnival today. It was going to be great - Lori and Robin were coming and it was going to be free thanks to the Blue Star Card. So me and the kids got dressed and all sunscreened (no small task, lol). Lori and Robin came over and we started our convoy down to the carnival when it started to pour. It rained like it does back home and it never rains like that here. We usually get a little bit of mist and that's it. Since you can't go to a carnival in the rain we changed our plans and headed for a Lego exhibit at the mall. I'm not sure why we decided it would be a great idea to go to a mall on a Sunday, after church, with seven children. LOL. Anyway, we got to the mall and start making the rounds for lunch. I was devastated to find out that Church's doesn't have jalapeno bombers any more - I love those things! After we ate we walked around and checked out the Lego sculptures and they were really neat and kept the kids occupied. For the most part the kids all did pretty good, especially since the mall was packed. We piddled around the mall for three hours - and only went in two stores. It wasn't the day we planned on but it is always nice to get out of the house and hang out with friends. But I think we'll avoid the mall the next time!




No comments:
Post a Comment