Monday, June 23, 2008

Rachel's Deployment Side Effect

For the most part, Rachel has handled the deployment and Charlie's absence really well. But when you least expect it she loses it. We do family movie nights and when we watched "The Game Plan" with the Rock she cried during the whole movie and kept saying she wanted Daddy to come home. That's kind of understandable, the movie is about a little girl and her Dad. Tonight we watched "Good Boy" about some dogs that are sent off Earth back to their planet - sounds a little wierd but it was okay. Anyway, at the end all the dogs came back and were re-united with their owners and she just burst into tears! My poor little girl. After a little while of crying and the "I miss Daddy"s she is okay again. I know this deployment must feel like an eternity to her. The worst part is that I can't fix it and until Daddy does come home it won't get better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR BABY! It is so hard at times for us adults, much less for our babies that dont understand. Just hug and kiss her and cry right along side her!

Laura said...

AAAHHH! Really don't have words. Kate goes through these moments also and all I can do is hold her and tell her Papa will come home when he is done! It's friggin hard!!!!