We're all going stir crazy - we've barely left the house since Wednesday. Of course, it was a great time for the kids to both get an ear infection - but we made a quick trip for some antibiotics and they're fine now. It's hard to get motivated to do, well anything really, with the weather like this. It's so blah so I decided to read. And I read way too much, way too fast (the Twilight series is awesome, everyone should read it - you won't be able to stop if you ever get started) and now I'm out of books. And they're forcasting another round of storms to hit around the middle of next week. FABULOUS!
There hasn't been much damage to our immediate area but the towns near North Shore have had some pretty bad flooding. The PX flooded and was closed on Friday (it might still be, we haven't been to check). I saw several small trees leaning in our neighborhood and we have a river running thru the backyard but that's about it.
Some good news is that gas is the lowest it's ever been since we've lived here - $1.99! I've waited over 3 years for this, LOL.

More good news is that we've officially passed the one year mark of the deployment. Charlie will be home soon - we're finally counting days instead of months! Now if the rain would just stop so that each day didn't feel like a month that would be very helpful!
No comments:
Post a Comment