Yesterday I was miserable. I felt sorry for myself, then got mad at myself for feeling that way because I'm sure someone else has it worse than me, then felt worse because Charlie has it worse than me, then repeated the whole cycle again. It was terrible. I am glad I don't have many days like that, they are exhausting. I'm also glad that I have great friends who help me to not have many days like that. I don't know what I would do without them.
Today was much better. Aidan and Rachel were very excited about Christmas coming soon and we tracked Santa throughout the day. Tonight we went to Jessica's house for Christmas Eve dinner and to exchange gifts with their family. I had a really great time eating, hanging out, and helping break in their new Scene It game. After we came home we tracked Santa one more time then put out milk and cookies for Santa and threw some reindeer food outside. Rachel was really funny and wanted to take her Santa hat upstairs because she didn't want Santa taking her stuff :)
Once the kids were in bed, I played Santa alone for the first time. It was sad not to have Charlie here to help or just talk to. I think tomorrow will be okay. There are lots of gifts to open and toys to play with and I am hosting Christmas dinner at our house so that will be a nice distraction.
Our group picture from Christmas Eve dinner with the Rosses
1 comment:
Hey there hope the new year brings happier things for you. Hopefully I'll see you soon. Miss you!
Post a Comment