Sunday, December 9, 2007

My Birthday

Today was my 27th birthday. The weather was sunny and really nice compared to the last week of rain and wind. Charlie managed to pull together a little suprise party for me and invited my friends over for some cake this afternoon. I got some much needed pina colada ingredients, a new Paula Deen cookbook, and some games. The kids picked out their own gifts for me for the first time and I got a porcelain doll from Rachel and a doll from Aidan.

The kids were all signed up for "night school" (after hours childcare they offer on post) so I got to have a kid free birthday dinner with Charlie, Laura, Jessica, and Jason at Outback. We had a good time and I got a free sundae with no singing.

I'm so thankful Charlie was able to be here for my birthday. We were pretty certain he was going to be on his way to Iraq by now but he got pushed back a few days. He will be leaving very soon and my heart is already aching but he's here now so I'm going to go enjoy it while I can.

Some birthday pics:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Jamie! Hope you had a great one with Charlie still here. See you at school drop-off/pick-up.