Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Update on Charlie

Charlie called this morning for the first time in a week. It was great to hear his voice, those 20 minutes really made my day. He's still in Kuwait doing some training.
The re-enlistment recruiter stopped by to see him and it looks like he will be re-enlisting as a MP (military police) for six years. He's hoping that he'll be able to join the MP version of the swat team as a sniper. This will also open up some job opportunities in civilian law enforcement when he gets out of the Army.
We aren't sure what our next duty station will be or when we will get there. We should get a few options to choose from. They need MPs everywhere so I'm hoping for somewhere in the southeast but Charlie wants Colorado. We are guessing his training will be sometime in 2009 after he returns from Iraq and depending on how long it is, I may stay in Hawaii with the kids while he trains.
We probably won't get any more information for a while because he can't re-enlist until they have class dates for MP AIT(training). I'll post more info as I get it.

No comments: