Sunday, June 29, 2008

Crazy Shit

There is no other title that would work for this post. How else do you describe a day when our dog nearly ran through, and subsequently knocked off, our screen door or being attacked (okay more like grazed but still!) by a centipede, and then killing that same centipede with a hammer?!?!?

Coco was running around the house barking because the neighbors behind us were outside. I opened the glass door to let her out as she was running up to it and she ran right into the screen at full force. So hard that it knocked the screen completely off - and halfway across the porch! - and sent her flying backwards. It was hysterical! Then the poor dog wouldn't go out at all for a few minutes. I guess she thought it was still there.

Then tonight Lori, Robyn, my new neighbor Jennifer, and I were all in the garage playing SingStar. Robyn went inside for a minute and while she was gone I was just sitting on the ground minding my own business and I felt something brush against my foot. I looked down and saw it was a giant friggin' centipede! I jumped up and ran over to the door screaming like a little girl (Lori said later she thought I was going to jump in her lap, LOL) and the centipede ran under the couch. When Robyn came back we were all standing by the door screaming and jumping and generally freaking out. Lori's daughter suggested killing it with a hammer so as we were discussing moving the couch I saw it come out along the wall so I got the hammer - Lori grabbed the All Purpose Mr. Clean (hey, you never know!) and moved in - insert lots of squeals, screams, and "Oh My God"s here. It ran under the carpet a little and I smacked it with the hammer at least ten times, probably more, but the part we could see was still moving! Luckily, Jennifer's husband was home so he came and pulled the carpet back, made sure it was dead and trashed it for us. I still have the heebeejeebees. And tomorrow the PlayStation is coming back in the house.

Centipedes beware!

1 comment:

Laura said...

EEEEEEEWWWWWWW.. I got goosebumps just looking at the picture of the centipede. I hate those things.. I am terrified of them. Poor Coco is she ok?