Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Aidan's Report Card

I met with Aidan's teacher today for our first official parent-teacher conference. And I am so happy and proud to report that he's doing wonderfully in first grade!
His teacher said his writing is "phenomenal" and he does really well with sentence structure. He does his work independently and there haven't been any behavior problems. His report card rated his performance as "adequate" - which I think is like a "B". She said she expects him to be "above adequate" next quarter if he continues the way he is. I was so impressed with all the great things she had to say - I wish I had taped it, LOL. She also gave me the results from a test he took at the end of kindergarten - he scored above average in reading and he was in the 86th percentile in sentence reading (meaning he scored better than 85% of the kids who took the test). I am SO proud of my boy!

After wondering for the past few months if we made the right decision in sending him to first grade (against his kindergarten teacher's advice) it is so nice to know we did make the right choice and he's not struggling at all. And since I have great news Charlie hasn't been online all day long so I can tell him. Stupid deployment!

No comments: