Friday, October 3, 2008

Heaven In A Box


One quarter sheet cake from Publix - $19.99
Eight yoyo cookies from Publix - $8.00
Overnight shipping from Macon, Georgia to my doorstep in Hawaii - a lot
ME EATING A PUBLIX CAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO YEARS -- PRICELESS!!!

Today I got the best delivery FedEx could bring - a cake from Publix. My Aunt Donna sent me a cake and some yoyo cookies - chocolate chip cookies sandwiched with icing and covered in chocolate and they are delicious. I am still so excited and grateful and happy that I can't even put it into words. It is such an awesome treat that I have already put six of the yoyo cookies and half of the cake into the freezer to save them. Not only did she give me the gift of a delicious cake but she sent a piece of home to me. Publix cakes are part of our tradition and I'm thrilled to be able to have one for my birthday this year! Thanks Aunt Donna and Uncle Andy for one of the most special gifts I've ever recieved!

There is a watertower shaped like a Publix cake in Lakeland, where I lived as a child.



The cake after it's journey across the country and the pacific ocean, it held up wonderfully.



I am SO happy!



Cutting the cake - carefully, gotta save part of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YESSS, it was so yummy! I second that thank you...THANK YOU, AUNT DONNA!!! Yay for Georgia Girls!!!