Last year we were the Cowboys. This year our team is the Ruff Ryders. Who the heck came up with that?
Last year we had an awesome coach and two great assistant coaches. This year our head coach is a woman who came to practice wearing all men's clothes (doo rag included) - she knows none of the kid's names and didn't do anything but walk around during practice. Her girlfriend (yes, girlfriend) is sort of like a bookkeeper. Our "assistant coach" knows nothing about football and spent the practice complaining about coach's girlfriend (or that female, as she called her). The guy who actually ran the practice is another parent, but the poor guy is recovering from being shot by a sniper in Iraq and is partially paralyzed in one leg!
Because I'm a sucker I volunteered to be the team mom - five practices in and no one else had made any effort on doing anything. It's a mess.
On the upside, Aidan loved it and was oblivious to anything but playing ball. As long as he has a good time I guess we'll be okay. But it won't be like last season - I guess it was just too good to happen again.
No comments:
Post a Comment