Today marks one month since Charlie deployed. Only 14 more to go. I'm still hopeful that the Army will decide to change the tour back to 12 months but for now we are preparing ourselves for the full 15.
Overall I think we are doing very well and trying to keep busy to help the time pass. We have a lot planned for January so I think the time will fly by. Aidan and Rachel are excited to go back to school next week from their winter break but I think I am more excited than both of them :) Winter break in Hawaii is almost a month long.
Charlie has been calling every few days and emailing to keep in touch. He is still waiting to be moved to another FOB but is doing good. Hopefully once he gets to his new FOB he will be able to use the phone and internet as much as he has been.
Aidan had an audiology appointment today where he had a full hearing screening. They put three different plugs in his ears to check different things and he had a hearing test. I'm happy to report his hearing is perfect. Now, if I could just get him to listen.... Afterwards we drove to Hickam Air Force Base to check out their BX and have lunch. Seeing all the C130s made me a little homesick for Robins.
Other big news is that Rachel is finally potty trained. It has been a long time coming but the last three days she has really gotten it. She scored some new Dora undies at the BX for her hard work :)
No comments:
Post a Comment