I think our next vacation may be Las Vegas - or anywhere I can play roulette. Casino night was awesome. The MWR hosted it for deployed spouses and I went with Lori and Kim - the kids went to night school. They converted one of our clubs on post to a casino, complete with real dealers, felt covered tables, and Sinatra playing in the background. We were given $500 to gamble with and at the end of the night we cashed in our tokens for tickets for prizes. First we headed to craps but it was too complicated. Then we tried black jack but it was a little too dull. And at last we found our spot: the roulette table. It was so fun we just stayed there for most of the time. We played a little bingo and a little on the slot machine but we couldn't stay away from the roulette table. None of us won any prizes but we had such a great time that it didn't matter. I think it's really awesome that they have things like this to help us pass the time and keep our minds off the deployment. Next month is Mai Tais and makeovers, I can't wait.
Here are a few pictures, Kim should be sending more and I'll post them later. Oh, and I got a haircut today - isn't it cute?
Our first picture of the evening:

Me and Lori before the casino filled up:

Here's what the room looked like full:

The Roulette table :)
No comments:
Post a Comment