Saturday, January 19, 2008

Our Paula Party

There are three things Jessica and I love: cooking, Paula Deen, and theme nights. We've already done Mexican, Chinese, and Italian. It's a lot of fun to try out new recipes and see if we're any good at them. We used to have a few other friends who did them with us but they left because of the deployment :(
Anyways, today is Paula Deen's birthday and since we are way too far from Savannah to go to her restaurant we decided to do an all Paula party here. We had corn fritters, ham and potato soup, chicken georgia, savory rice, green bean casserole, biscuits, and a milky way cake. It was all delicious but there was so much food, I'm not sure I'll ever need to eat again - mission accomplished!

Jessica made the corn fritters, it was our first dish done. They were amazing!
Photobucket

I could never pass up an opportunity for a picture with my ham and potato soup, lol.
Photobucket

Us with our cookbooks and the spread.
Photobucket

And Jessica cutting the cake. It was the sweetest cake I've ever had. The icing was like fudge. YUMMY!
Photobucket

No comments: