Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weekend Update

There is some sort of virus or bug or something that is going around here and is relentless. We all take turns being sick and coughing and sharing it with each other. Even though we were under the weather, there was still time for fun :)

Dance
Our little ballerina will be having her first dance recital in March. I'm so excited. She will be starring as a trufella (sp?) tree. I have no idea what that is but I'm sure it's going to be very cute.

Tae Kwon Do
Saturday Aidan broke his first object in tae kwon do class. He ripped right thru a sheet of paper. Apparently, if you punch wrong, the paper won't tear. They have been learning how to punch and kick correctly for the last few weeks.
Here he is getting a few pointers.
Photobucket

Parent's Night Out
While the kids were at night school, I went to dinner with Lori and her son Austin. She is also from Warner Robins so it's always fun to talk about home. And it's great to be able to say "that place on Russell Parkway" or whatever and they actually know what you're talking about.

Calls from Charlie
Charlie has called every day for the past three days and it has been awesome. I know I've said it before but those calls really make my day. He's been calling in the evening here which is morning in Iraq, we have a 13 hour time difference. Unfortunately he doesn't have very good internet access so loading any web page takes forever - no more myspace. The only ones he can usually get are yahoo and ako, an army website. He has a new yahoo email address, let me know if you want it. He went back to the Green Zone again and got to see the US Embassy there. Apparently, the Embassy has a pool they can use during the summer. I'm going to send him a new camera soon and hopefully we'll get some pictures to share. He sounds great and likes the new area he is in which helps me to relax a little.

Puzzle Mania
For some reason that I haven't figured out yet, I thought it would be a great idea to let Aidan and Rachel put ALL their puzzles together. Rachel loves her puzzles and has a ton. It took a few hours but we eventually put 18 puzzles together.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love the puzzel pic! At least you know all the peices are there!