Friday, January 18, 2008

Daddy Dolls

Aidan and Rachel got their Daddy Dolls in the mail today. They were their Christmas gifts from Laura and Leo - thanks again! I think they are the coolest things. It's a big doll with a picture of Charlie on the front. It also has a little pouch for a voice recorder and it plays a message that he recorded before he deployed.

Rachel was very excited and has been showing it off and playing it over and over and over....
Photobucket

Aidan actually got really sad when I gave it to him and kept saying how much he missed daddy. But he didn't put it down for over an hour. He laid on the couch with it; and everywhere he went, it went too. Even though we had Jessica and her family and Latasha and family over for dinner tonight he moped around for a while until Jason offered to watch Transformers with him and that cheered him up. It's hard to watch him have such a hard time with this deployment. His behavior has been getting better slowly but surely so I think he's adjusting.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet and sad at the same time. I think that is the hardest part...watching what our kids are going through...